Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Time for some Pets!

I know I owe you all some updated pictures of our gardens and bedroom.
But unfortunately I'm dog sitting for a week and I don't have my camera with me!

Easter weekend was amazing.
This year at our Good Friday service we learned that Jesus died as our Friend. It's so touching and special to realize that Jesus considered ME as a friend. The worship always leaves me in tears because I get so sad remembering what my friend went through to save us.

Saturday was Brian's 25 Birthday! We had a fantastic dinner together and did a little dancing with a live band that was at the restaurant.

Sunday morning we exchanged Easter Baskets for the first time!
Brian absolutely spoiled me with gift cards and chocolate. The worship was once again so encouraging and was a true celebration. We had my mom and Craig over for a delicious meal and we spent a good part of the day outside enjoying the weather. My mom and I continued the tradition of singing and playing the piano to our favorite Easter hymns.

A while back ago I had updated about us thinking about adopting a puppy or two. Well we were turned down by the agency because we didn't have any prior experience with owning our own dog. Family dogs that we both helped raise and care for didn't count.
So now we are going to purchase our own puppy from an Amish breeding farm.
Brian is transferring to a rotating day and evening schedule so he will be OFF MIDNIGHTS! That means we will be able to care for a puppy much easier. However, I'm not sure how this change of schedules will effect how much we are going to be able to see each other now, I'm a little apprehensive about this...
I also really want to add bunnies and chickens to our clan! I just learned that residents in Annapolis can have up to 5 chickens. Our yard is not that big but how fun would it be to have free range chickens and fresh eggs?! I also think it will help to keep the pest population down and help protect our veggies. I'm hoping our HOA won't mind =)
I'm looking forward to adding some little furry babies to our family!

1 comment:

  1. Yay that's awesome! Chickens are the best and I'm so excited that I'll be able to come over and help you while Jimmy plays with your farm. :)

    ReplyDelete