Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Beginnings!

We kicked off the New Year with BUYING a house!!
The idea of owning our own property is still hard to believe but we are so excited!

The last few weeks have been a blur of Christmas, packing, moving, celebrating, family, sickness, and stress!!
Brian and I both worked all Christmas weekend, my persevering husband worked two 16hrs shifts and still found strength to celebrate Christmas in between a few naps!!


I got the stomach flu on Christmas and still had to work that night...My side partners took care of me though. I'm still sick with a head cold but I know I'll be battling some sort of sickness until I come off midnights.

We have been visiting as MUCH as possible with the Atwells. Spending time with my sisters is my most favorite thing. Tim and Brian are great buddies too and little Jimmy James is such a heart throb!

I'm proud to say that our moving buddies, Rec and Jesse helped us move my 3000 lbs antique upright piano from our Bowie house to Arnold!! You can't imagine how heavy and impossible this piano was to move!! Pretty sure we all threw our backs out...


We just have a few days left of our company and then I'm spending the weekend unpacking and relaxing!


It has been so encouraging to see our Father's faithfulness through these past few weeks. He supplied wonderful friends and family to help us move and He kept us strong and content through our long cold stressful nights of work.

Looking forward to the years to come with Brian in this home!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Laura!! I'm so happy for you! We're on our search for a house now and it is so exciting to see another couple living out their dream! God is such a Provider! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty house! Congratulations and may God bless your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!And prayers for HEALTH!

    ReplyDelete